How to manage your money and your mind during the pandemic.
- Create a budget and stick to it
- Buy in bulk, but avoid hoarding.
- Before you venture out for food essentials, make a list of meals you want to make. Prep your meals for a week.
- Keep some cash for emergencies. The size of your emergency fund will vary based on your monthly living expenses, but try to aim for at least three months of expenses.
- Cut back on subscriptions. Figure out which ones you can part with, even if temporarily, to save some money. Maybe you don’t need five streaming TV subscriptions.
- Keep your energy usage down and save $$$.
- While in lockdown, you may be using more energy since you are home 24/7, so be more mindful. Turn off the lights when you aren’t in the room. Grill or use a crockpot versus the oven.